Monday, April 2, 2012

Chai Granola

I love chai tea. I love granola. 
I especially love chai granola.
I eat it every morning with milk.
I love the decaf chai latte that gets left in the bowl when I am done.
I received this recipe from my mother in law,
and have adapted it to my own liking. 
Mom and Dad in law also give us the 
delicious homemade maple syrup that I use in it.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 T dark molasses
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/8 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds 

Directions:

  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  In a mixing bowl, mix first 8 ingredients until combined.
  Add oats and flax meal and stir until fully coated.
  Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and bake 20 min.  Remove from oven and stir. Replace in oven and bake 10 more min. 
  Remove from oven and let cool 20 min.
  Mix in raisins, cranberries, and almonds.
  Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Enjoy!! 

Thanks again Mom and Dad for the syrup!! :)

Disclaimer: The images above are a (triple) batch that I made and I forgot the molasses, so yours will be a shade darker. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)