Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stuffed Shells Recipe

This is a favorite favorite recipe around here.
It is my go- to recipe if I am having dinner company and don't know what to make.
It's perfect to make when you are pregnant for after baby.
I also like to make it in a disposable pan to bring to families who
are having a rough time or have a new baby!

Almost everyone who tries it loves it! 

This recipe is a perfect make ahead recipe, it can be refrigerated
for a day before baking, or even frozen for 1-2 months before baking.


Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 jar of your favorite marinara (I like Prego- Three Cheese for this Recipe)

1 Box Jumbo Shells Pasta

1 16 oz Large Curd Cottage Cheese
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
8 oz Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown and drain the ground beef.  Add jar of sauce and simmer.
Boil pasta according to instructions on box, rinse in cold water.
In a med bowl, combine cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, ricotta, and egg. 
Stuff the pasta shells with cheese mixture and place in 9"x13" pan (I use my hands).
Top with meat sauce, and then remaining shredded mozzarella.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

Enjoy! :)
This dinner is goes perfect with homemade Fougasse Bread!
-Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)