Saturday, December 15, 2012

DIY Mustache Set Tutorial Christmas Idea

What little guy wouldn't have fun with a mustache set!?
I'll admit I had to try on a few, and had Mr. Liv try one out too! :)

These are super simple to make! Want to make a set?

You will need:
Cardstock
Felt Scraps (choose what colors you like)
Fabric Scissors
Thin Elastic (more or less, depending on how many you want)
Sewing Machine w/ Coordinating Thread

First, cut mustache shapes from card stock. 
I just used Google Images "mustache silhouettes" to get ideas.
Then stack two pieces of felt with a mustache cutout on top, and cut the felt around the card stock.
Next, cut an 11" piece of elastic, loop it into a circle, and sew it to the middle of one piece of felt. Use a zigzag stitch, and be sure to back stitch.
Lastly, pin the coordinating piece of felt to the front, and sew around the edges of the felt, using an 1/8 inch seam.
Trim threads and edges, and you are finished! :)
Or, if your not interested in making them, you can buy these mustaches here from The Land of Nod. They are $6.95 each. 
Imaginary_Moustache_Group
I probably spent less than that on the whole set! 
I used scraps I had, and 2 packs of elastic from Walmart.
Happy sewing! :)

Sylvie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)