Friday, November 1, 2013

Easiest Pumpkin Seed Recipe, Pumpkin Carving, & Up In the Night

Want to know the easiest way to cook pumpkin seeds?
I love that these pumpkin seeds are not as woody as others I've had.

I learned this easy pumpkin seed "recipe" from my sweet neighbor, 
and I'll never make them any other way again!
Just rinse the seeds, pop them into microwave steamer dish w/ a lid,
mix in a lil salt to taste, and pop it in the microwave for 6-8 min 
or until they're dry! Stir them once or twice while cooking.
That' s it! :) I like to add other seasonings too with the salt. 
Some ideas are- Paprika, Cumin, Black Pepper, Red Pepper...
This year we had a Batman pumpkin, and a polka dot pumpkin!
Mr.Liv sharpened the end of a 1" metal pipe for me,
and I used a rubber mallet to pound it through the pumpkin. 
I do say I have the most handy husband!!
And well, here I am, up in the night with baby Liv, a bowl of rice cereal, and pumpkin seeds. 
Baby Liv decided it would be a better idea to hang out in the kitchen together than sleep, 
so here we are!

I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Sylvie

2 comments:

  1. Great Pumpkins, Liv...
    And...Mr Liv!!!
    Love your pumpkin dish as well...
    Enjoy your day♥

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)