Saturday, January 4, 2014

DIY Geometric Paper Diamond Modern Baby Mobile Tutorial


Little baby Liv loves staring at this mobile. Sometimes at nap time, I twist the cord and make it spin. It's a brilliant distraction while I dart out of the room! 

Want to make one for your little one? Here's what I did...
For the diamonds, I used this tutorial from Design and Form. 
diamond 
For the top/ hoop part of the mobile I used this tutorial from See Kate Sew. (And replaced the triangles with diamonds!)
Darling little baby nook
It makes for a very cheap and darling mobile! I w
ould hang it up in my house even if I didn't have a baby! You can read more about this little baby nook in this post here.

You guys are awesome! Have a good weekend!
Sylvie

4 comments:

  1. I'm so gonna make this as soon as possible. My 6month old little girl is turning and circling all the time, making it almost impossible to change her diaper. This far I've been able to distract her with her toothbrush! ;)
    I think those diamonds would keep her interested long enough for me to change her diaper. ;)
    Happy New Year from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just visited the Design&Form homepage, and was pumped to see that it's a Swedish page. :D
    That means I won't need extra time translating.... ;)
    Just gotta add - I really enjoy your blog! :)

    Sof - again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sofia! Thanks for the kind words! Happy New Year to you too! Send me a picture if you do make it, I would love to see what you come up with. I am glad you are here! hugs from Michigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for telling us all how to do this, Sylvie! When I was first perusing your home, thanks to ABM, I noticed that mobile and told my husband I wanted one. Now this goes on my ever growing list of cool things to do!
    ~Rebecca from SML

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)